‘Squid Game Day’ will be held in Los Angeles to commemorate the Netflix drama ‘Squid Game’, which caused a worldwide sensation.
According to a Los Angeles city official, the Los Angeles City Council is planning to announce ‘Squid Game Day’ by inviting the director and cast of the Squid Game during the week of the ’74th Primetime Emmy Awards’.
The Emmy Award is the largest award in the local broadcasting industry, awarded by the TV Academy of Arts and Sciences for TV programs and related achievements since 1949. This year’s awards ceremony will be held on September 12.
An official said, “The director and writer’s participation is almost confirmed.”
Meanwhile, actor Lee Jungjae, who appeared in ‘Squid Game’, was nominated for the Emmy Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series last month. Along with Lee Jungjae, ‘Squid Game’ was nominated for Best Picture in the Drama Series category, which is the grand prize of the awards ceremony. This is the first time for an Asian actor and a non-English-speaking drama to be nominated for Best Actor or Best Picture at the Emmy Awards.
1. For real..?
2. I’m sorry…?
4. Seriously they have a day for everything, this is interesting
5. But why?
6. Wow daebakㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. I thought this was fake news
8. LA really likes Koreaㅋㅋ They even have a Kim Yuna day and a Kimchi day tooㅇㅇ
9. Even our country doesn’t do it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. This isn’t even fake news, but LA actually has a SM Town streetㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ