Lee Moo Saeng says he’s not the famous actor in his 40s who was arrested for drug use on September 10.
On September 10, news outlets reported that a known Korean actor was urgently arrested at his home on charges of violating the Narcotics Control Act.
According to police reports, they were dispatched after receiving a report of a suspicious man who looked like they were drunk/high on drugs running around. ‘A’ showed unstable words and actions and had foaming marks around their mouth. The police also found dozens of pills inside his house and they have since been secured to check their ingredients. The police will launch an investigation into how ‘A’ obtained the drugs. He reportedly tested positive for drugs when he was first confronted by police via urine test.
Soon after the news became viral, Lee Moo Saeng’s name was being mentioned around as potentially the actor in question. The reports said it was an actor in his 40s and someone who debuted in 2006 via a drama and has since made many appearances as the male lead for dramas and movies.
However, his agency has since denied the rumors. The agency says the rumors are false and iterated that their actor has nothing to do with it. If such rumors persist, they promised to take strong legal action against it.
Currently, another famous Korean actor’s name is being mentioned on social media. Netizens allege the actor had reportedly also disabled his Instagram account after the news was published, however, this has not been verified yet. His identity is yet to be confirmed and his agency has not issued a response to the rumors.
Previously, news outlets mentioned the actor in question was in his forties, however, now the news outlets are mentioning that the actor is specifically 40 years old [Korean age].
Stay tuned for more updates.